betto seraglini assists its clients in disputes relating to all manner of corporate issues. The firm’s members act in disputes between shareholders, directors’ liability disputes, post M&A litigation (liability, sellers’ guarantees) or implementation of shareholders’ agreements.
EXAMPLES OF MATTERS
Arbitration between :
- investors in a substantial telecommunications operation in Brazil (amount in dispute: 15 billion dollars, Brazilian law, ICC, seat in Paris, English language).
Litigation regarding :
- an arbitral award issued in a dispute relating to a mandate to sell a foreign group (amount in dispute: 403 million euros, French law, Paris Court of Appeal).
- the liability of an investment fund (minority shareholders and members of the Board of Directors, amount in dispute: 10 million euros, Commercial Court and Court of Appeal).
- the performance of a seller’s guarantee following the withdrawal of the majority shareholder (amount in dispute: 2.5 million euros, Commercial Court).
- Assistance to a Board of Directors regarding the management of various class actions filed before foreign courts
Litigation between :
- two shareholders of a company regarding cashflow management and the payment of civil engineering works (amount in dispute: 30 million euros, Commercial Court and Court of Appeal).
- shareholders regarding the performance of statutory withdrawal and exclusion clauses (Commercial Court).Internal procedural audits (powers of attorney, authorisation procedures, etc.) within a large group in the service industry.